(A ministry of Christ Fellowship)
When: Six weekends over one year…2019 (see below)
Goal: To equip believers to do the work of personal ministry…to present everyone mature in Christ (Col. 1:28). To meet all requirements for ACBC certification except supervised counseling. (Note: a person doesn’t have to pursue certification.)
Who: pastors, missionaries, deacons, small group leaders, Sunday School teachers, college ministers, ministry leaders, husband/fathers, wives/mothers…
- The trainings will be in an intensive format of six weekends over a year. Starting in January and ending in December of 2019 (see below) on Friday nights from 6pm-9pm and Saturdays from 9am-5pm. Lunch on Saturdays is included in training cost.
- One missed weekend will be allowed but the training material has to be covered and the assignments must be completed. (Note: The training will be recorded.)
- Participants will be placed in cohorts (small groups), preferably from their churches. They will work in these cohorts to discuss their assigned readings, do counseling observations, collaborate together to complete ACBC exam questions, and counsel one another between modules.
- Once training is complete one can turn all their documents (showing training, readings, observations, and ACBC completed exams) to ACBC to be approved to begin supervised counseling with an ACBC Fellow.
- The last required step for ACBC certification is 50 supervised counseling hours (supervised remotely by an ACBC fellow).
Trainers for the first weekend:
Host Church: Mountain View Baptist Church, 2585 E 3000 N, Layton, UT 84040
Schedule for 2019:
- January 4-5, Biblical Counseling: What is it? Part I
- March 1-2, Biblical Counseling: What is it? Part II
- May 3-4, Biblical Counseling: How Do You Do It? Part I
- August 2-3, Biblical Counseling: How Do You Do It? Part II
- October 25-26, Biblical Counseling: How Do You Do It More Effectively? Part I
- December 6-7, Biblical Counseling: How Do You Do It More Effectively? Part II
- ***Deadline to register is December 1, 2018
Cost: $50 per weekend, per person (or) $90 per weekend, per couple
- For individuals $100 is due at time of registration (covers first two weekends)
- For couples $180 is due at time of registration (covers first two weekends)
- Scholarships available (contact Javan Payne at email@example.com)
How to Register:
- Click “Online Giving (Event)” below
- When the online giving page comes up, enter your information. Make sure you change the “Give to” tab to – Event (Biblical Counseling Training)
- Enter $100 (individual) or $180 (couple) for the first two weekends